Re: The Price of Fear

Unless you have had your own life, and your family members life, threatened
by someone you know *WILL* kill you/them and testified anyway, I wouldn't be
so hasty to condemn her.  She came forward before when others
didn't/wouldn't.  Now it appears the defense attorney has made the threat of
retribution very clear.

The criminal justice system can't protect her and her family from
retribution from these thugs.

The sickening part of the story isn't her recanting, it's the scum defense
attorney getting her to knowingly lie.  He facilitated/caused this
corruption of justice.  Nothing will happen to him for doing it either.  As
long as the Bar keeps supporting/protecting attorneys like him there will
never be actual justice in this country.

(No personal offense meant to individual attorneys on this list)

<Jim

In a message dated Tue, 24 Sep 2002 8:22:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Tammo29@AOL.com writes:

>> Yesterday, Krystal Bostick said she made it all up. Of course you did,
said
>> Marty Leppo. ``You just got swept up in the moment, right?''

>>The girl with the vacant stare just nodded. The moment that caught her had
its own >name: It's called fear.

>You know, like the old adage says: "What goes around comes around."

>One day, if the shoe is on the other foot and she or someone close to her
is so unfortunate to find herself/themself in the >same situation as Paul,
she'll be praying someone, anyone will have the intestinal fortitude to come
forward and tell
>exactly what they saw; the scowl of some street punks be damned.

>Sad, sad commentary on her as an individual. I only hope she can look at
herself in the mirror from this day forward.