Re: The Price of Fear

In a message dated Tue, 24 Sep 2002  9:47:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Eggcentric writes:

> Secondly, Steve, I always thought one could pick up a computer virus ONLY
> by opening an attachment.  Am I wrong?  Can they be
> transmitted via text only?

I don't profess to be expert in the area of computer viruses so I'll defer to those that have forgotten more about the subject than I've ever known.

In my particular case, there is little doubt that how I acquired the KLEZ virus was by opening a file attached to an Email copy of something that was also posted to one of the basketball lists I subscribe to. And I'll leave it at that.

Steve