Re: The Price of Fear

"James A. Hill" wrote:

> The sickening part of the story isn't her recanting, it's the scum defense
> attorney getting her to knowingly lie.  He facilitated/caused this
> corruption of justice.  Nothing will happen to him for doing it either.  As
> long as the Bar keeps supporting/protecting attorneys like him there will
> never be actual justice in this country.
>
> (No personal offense meant to individual attorneys on this list)
>
> <Jim

Jim:

The lawyer is "just doing his job."  The woman shows up at his office and
volunteers to recant.  Of course he uses it for his client's benefit.  Our
system is an adversarial system and if you don't do all you can within the law
to protect your client, you do ge kicked out.   The reason that he doesn't get
"caught" is that there is never any way you can connect the dots to get back to
him.  Even if the woman rolls over, she likely had no direct contact with him,
except to recant.   I am sure some gang took care of the rest on the
instructions of the thug.

That being said, even as an attorney, this makes me sick.  I was thinking of
writing him and asking him how he sleeps at night.  This is why I try to stick
to civil work.  If you "lie" about how bad your neck is hurt, well, it doesn't
seem as significant.

Peace,

Bentz