Re: The Price of Fear

Wow, don't you think you're being a little hard on this girl? It's easy to
stand on a soapbox and rail about character, but this woman was an arm's
length away when these thugs brutally attacked Pierce and tried to kill him.
They did it in a crowded room and without a moment's hesitation. She knows,
and probably has been told, that they wouldn't think twice about doing the
same to her.

So she can speak up on behalf of someone she doesn't know (Pierce), who can
afford bodyguards for the rest of his life and sleep easy every night, and
face retribution from the men she testifies against. Even if her testimony
sends them away, the reach of gangs like that extends far beyond prison
walls.

Or she can lie and go on with her life without looking over her shoulder.
Paul Pierce will go on with his life. Maybe they get convicted without her.
Maybe they don't.

It's easy to sit at our computer and blast this girl for choosing her own
safety. But remember, she didn't ask for any of this. She was put in a
terrible decision facing a terrible choice. I, for one, feel for her. I'm
not about to criticize her when I can't possibly imagine the kind of fear
she must be experiencing.

Mark

Sean wrote:

Hopefully, she will be spending the next twenty years in prison for lying to
the grand jury. If she is worried about street justice, hopefully real
justice will do its best to put her away for the max.

CeltsSteve@AOL.com wrote:

In a message dated Tue, 24 Sep 2002 8:22:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,