Where would Kedrick have gone in this draft?

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 Douglas342@aol.com wrote:

> Kedrick is the big unknown.  I am most optimistic
> about Kedrick, but that ain't enough to make up for the loss of
> Anderson and Rogers and the mental toughness of Strickland

Here's some food for thought during this downtime:
Kedrick may well have gone top 4 in this past draft like Leo Papile
speculated a year ago.  If he went to LSU as planned, GM's would have
drooled about his upside.  Sundov hypothetically could have been a
top 15 pick if draft eligible last year, like Wallace stated last month.

Take a look at the top 4.
1. Ming
2. Williams
3. Dunleavy
4. Gooden
I can see Jerry West (Memphis) reaching for Kedrick ahead of Drew Gooden,
because he had a history of taking raw Eddie Jones, and Kobe, and tried to
manuever into the top 5 in 1997 to take McGrady.  He knew that Tracy would
be the impact guy, not Billups or Mercer.

Looking at the mid first round,
13. Haislip 6-10 230
14. Fred Jones
15. Nachbar 6-9 221
16. Welsch  6-7 208

These guys aren't big name players, Sundov should be in this talent
area and better.  He and Nachbar both played for the junior World team
when they were younger.

The point is, our two youngsters will turn out alright.
And for the people who're bashing Wallace in hindsight for not taking
Richard Jefferson, ...Kedrick will soon be the more feared player in the
league.  Bank on it.  With his freak basketball tools (Ray Allen level and
beyond), and rep as a defender, he'll probably get more espn time and hype
than Antoine ;)  Jefferson is less gifted and looked good because
Jason Kidd can make scrub swingmen like Lucious look better than Paul
Pierce at times. The C's worked out athletes Richard Jefferson and
Gerald Wallace together and thought Brown was the better option.

If Kedrick blossoms after a year or so, like E Jones/Finley/Mcgrady,
(He will), the C's would have 4 stars on the team, and could gel into the
offensive juggernaut of the East.