Re: Travis

> ---------- Initial message -----------
> No question that Pond was shuffling his cards and
shifting his gaze as he recited the
> costs in his off-the-cuff (but don't look up my sleeve)
references to the millions of
> dollars he was being "responsible" for.

That's right, because using a 2.7 million figure to
resign Rogers along with the one million in savings from
the Baker deal, Gaston would have enjoyed up to a 5
million profit IF hit by a luxury tax, instead of "ten to
fifteen million" profit by staying under. And that's
relying on Pond Scum's self-serving "raw figures".

This isn't a matter of "fiscal responsibility" is it? Its
a matter of G-R-E-E-D. The numbers are laid out in front
of us in the newspapers, because Facial Cream Boy has the
hubris to imagine he can get away with this spin on the
beer-addled, retahd fans like me.

When you respond to a breakthrough "Final Four" season by
effectively reducing team payroll down to the bottom 10
in the league, what do you get? Let's face reality...it
sure sounds like an eventual trip back to lotto land.
Gaston deserves to preside over the worst team record in
Celtics history (bar none, obviously), because he lets
Pond's beancounting, nickle-and-diming counsel push an
instinct for greed to subordinate his own purported
competitiveness and presumed sense of responsibility to
the fans.

Gaston must have a hell of a high maintenance family or
something, to select the (additional) millions in profit
over an affordable and easy-to-do player re-signing that
would have placed Boston as the leading Eastern
contender. I just don't know how to rationalize this
attitude. I guess if you stare at the bottom line for too
long, all of us inevitably feel greedier and stingier. I
wish this team wasn't run that way, but if Paul "Gaston-
intestinitis Boy" (okay, that's pretty weak)keeps banking
his 10-15 million profit like Pond projects, he has no
incentive whatsoever to put the team on sale. We have no
right or reason to expect that of him.

Joe

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?