RE: Travis

FWIW, I've actually been hoping since the Kenny trade
that the Cs would sign Best. I agree with Ray that
Strickland would present a better defensive option
against Kidd; Best is certainly a small guy (5'11,
185). But he's a much better offensive option than
anybody else out there and likes to push the ball. He
always seemed to play well with the Pacers and has
been to an NBA Finals.

(Bit of trivia here: Best was the "link" at Ga Tech
between Kenny and Marbury. He manned the point for the
Yellowjackets after KA bolted for the NBA, and Marbury
succeeded Best when he went pro.)

I'd be a lot more optimistic about Boston's chances
this season if they're able to sign him. In 27 starts
with Chicago last year, he put up 9.5 ppg, 5.1 apg,
just 1.3 to/g, 1.32 spg and shot 42% from the floor
and 89% from the line (third in the league in FT
percentage). Not bad numbers at all. For his career,
he's shooting 44% from the floor, 36% from three and
82% from the stripe. All better numbers than
Strickland, FYI, though they're such different players
that it might not matter.

(The Globe got his stats wrong, incidentally - they
only posted his numbers with Indiana, not his totals
for the year.)
http://finance.yahoo.com