Re: Travis

on 9/5/02 5:04 PM, hironaka@nomade.fr at hironaka@nomade.fr wrote:

> When you respond to a breakthrough "Final Four" season by
> effectively reducing team payroll down to the bottom 10
> in the league, what do you get?
**********

    The other tenant in the "New Gahden," the Bruins, have been fiscally
successful with exactly this business model.
    Jeremy Jacobs, for a decade, has signed a few players, made the playoff
run and then raised ticket prices, cut payroll and watched the team bottom
out. As soon as the fans get thoroughly frustrated and the seats empty, he
starts all over again.
     On the other hand, what were they  thinking when they signed Baker to
the multi year thing? Could it be that Wallace was trying to pull the wool
over Gaston's eyes? See, I got us under the tax threshold this year! If
that's all Gaston wants to see, that's what they gave him. I wonder how they
will explain that they can only afford 11 players next season?

   JB

                                                     Unchain My Heart!