Re: more pack journalism

Sorry if you aren't trying to humiliate you sure are going out of your way to
be snotty when it isn't necessary >>MJKing, Sr.

Cecil pontificated that the US would win on athleticism.  That's the same
attitude that allows our players to loaf on defense, stand around the
perimeter on offense and, in essence, hand a 58-game run to a team from SOUTH
AMERICA.

Everyone's feeling glum and sorry for themselves, because USA took one on the
chin.  It's a game, for gosh sakes, and we're not preparing for it the same
way the other countries do because we THINK we have a right to just step in
and win.  That's disrespectful of the competition, who shoot better, pass
better, defend better and work harder.

Why should the NBA professional's arrogance be supported?  The KNEW other
teams had more time to prepare, the only reason they've coasted for all those
prelim games, getting satisfied with second-half-only play is because they
thought they could get the same amount of work done with half the effort.
They said as much in the interviews.

Guess there's no lesson to be learned, huh?  If we win the remaining games
won't it prove that we took the competition lightly and were lazy?  Wouldn't
you feel better if we just lost the rest so that our guys can say they were
overmatched, the other teams had an unfair advantage in preparation?  Not me.
I want us to win all the rest and prove that  getting slapped  was all it took
for guys to play as hard as their opponents.  That's what Cecil doesn't seem
to see when I tell him that I want the team to win the rest of the games.

How will THAT make you feel about the one loss?