  From: Lance Jacobson
  To: Cecil ; celtics@igtc.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 2:34 AM
  Subject: Re: more pack journalism

  Isn't it obvious that the Americans will win with whatever pro players
decide to accept the invitation?  On pure athleticism>>Cecil

  Good call, Cecil.  Remind me not to ask you for stock tips.

  The good old American team, playing lackadaisical ball, got trounced by guys
who play defense, and get inside for EASY BASKETS.  We've got three point
shooters who are counted on to save the day (got that spandex "S" shirt ready,
Ryan?) and one of them just had to fire in those two threes. . when the game
was already decided.  That nice dribbling out of bounds is what's really
needed when the game's on the line.

  Well, it's a wake up call, alright, but I don't think Ray Allen and Jason
Kidd are allowed to grab their sneakers and head to Indy.  We'll have to
survive this tourney with guys who feel their job is to "inspire" rather than
play defense and work passes to their teammates.

  I'm still laughing and waiting for Paul's next interview.