Re: Chad Ford's article about the loss

 In all honesty aren't you rooting for them to fail so that you can be
perceived as right about Paul Pierce and the other "selfish" bastards on Team
USA?>>Bird

Actually, I'm rooting for the American team to remember what team basketball
is all about, and not rely on three point shots and on-on-one drives.  That
happens to be precisely Mr. Pierce's game, and it killed us against the Nets.

I know that many of the competitors have had more time to play together and
practice their backdoor plays but this is still basketball that's similar
enough to what was played in college for the guys to "get it".  It takes work
to run that offense, ball movement and player movement, and our guys just
don't seem willing to play that way.  I feel badly for George Karl, and sad
for the US players who needed this loss to realize that it's too late to learn
it, so they'll have to give 110% to win the Gold medal.

Maybe in 2006 the U.S. team will take a little more time to set up their
acclimation.  There are still two problems--the best players here don't care
to play, and those that do would allow Pierce to run their offense, and sleep
on defense.

Sure, I have national pride, but I don't condone Vince Carter's trash talking
at the Olympics or any arrogant pro who thinks he can beat an entire team.
When your country acts like the Ugly Americans in an international even, it's
not something I'll support.  Hope it's a lesson, and these guys start playing
a brand of basketball that I enjoy.