Peter Vecsey Collumn

"ANDERSON'S JOYLESS
IN SEATTLE"

November 5, 2002 -- TODAY is Election Day and, in keeping with tradition, most of the NBA intends to file absent-minded ballots. "We expect turnout to be light," said a New Jersey official. "Sorta like a Nets game."
While we're speaking of former Nets, are you aware of the spew from the league's perennial Gerber Baby? Banned from the supposedly point guard-less Celtics (ignoring Shammond Williams' skills is just plain ignorant) to Seattle in the Vin Baker Relocation Program, Kenny Anderson hasn't stopped complaining about his backup role behind Gary Payton since being traded.
"It ain't about the money; it's the love of the game," he recently gerbiled.
Anderson's next contradictory breath informed us it's all about the money. Yes, he wants to be moved to a team where he can start. Ah, no, he's not about to surrender a solitary cent to make it become reality. Should the Sonics be willing to buy out his $9.185 million salary for say, $6M, and he's unable to get a guarantee for the remaining money, he'll suffer in Seattle for the next six or seven months, thank you.
Coincidentally, Anderson has been tormented by back spasms since joining the Sonics; team president Wally Walker, conscious of Kenny's high-pitched decibel of discontent, felt compelled to threaten the tot with a suspension if he didn't report to camp.
Despite everything, Anderson made an auspicious debut (10 points, seven rebounds, four assists and three tantrums in 19 minutes) for the 3-0 Sonics in Sunday night's pushover of the jangling Jazz. Afterward, he lifted up the team's spirit with additional baby babble.
"I can't say I'm used to it [scraps of daylight] because I really don't want to get used to it," he blathered.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/24780.htm