[no subject]

--- snip ---

I say one of the very few good moves Wallace has made was the Rogers-Delk
trade. Johnson doesn't have it. He didn't have it in college, he didn't have
it in Boston and he doesn't have it in Phoenix. He's a drifter. He'll hang
around the fringes because he has talent, but he'll never be anything more
than a "rotation guy." (hey-just like Vin Baker, right Leo?)

No, that trade wasn't a mistake. The draft that led to it was the mistake.
That 2001 crop is exploding all over the league, and the Celtics came up
empty. Unless, of course, you're of the opinion that Kedrick will surpass
Richard Jefferson by the end of this season, as some have suggested. Wow.
I'm still holding out hope Kedrick can be a player, but Richard Jefferson is
on the verge of becoming an all-star. I don't know how many of you have
League Pass, but did anyone check out any of the Nets game last night?
Jefferson was huge. If he isn't every bit the athlete Kedrick is, he's
awfully close. But he's a basketball player, too. What a steal he was for
the Nets.

Anyway, that blown opportunity eventually led to the disastrous Baker trade.
By the way, I heard a funny comment from Dick Harter the other day on some
radio show. He was asked about the team's rebounding problems, and he said
they didn't bring in any impact rebounders in the offseason. Another ringing
endorsement for Baker, huh? They traded a point guard for a center and
didn't make an impact in terms of rebounding.

Oh well. I'm feeling grouchy today. I watched a little bit of a lot of games
on League Pass last night, and I'm getting the disturbing feeling that the
Celts are about to be lapped by a number of teams. And the draft class of
2001 is a big part of it. Just last night, I saw Gasol, Chandler, Curry,
Richardson, Battier, Jefferson, Tony Parker, Troy Murphy, Trenton Hassel,
Gilbert Arenas and Jason Collins play important roles for their teams. Throw
in Kwame Brown, Eddie Griffin, Jamaal Tinsley, Vlad Radmanovic, Brendan
Haywood, Earl Watson, Gerald Wallace, Loren Woods Mehmet Okur and Kenny
Satterfield and it gets downright depressing. I'd say Gasol, Brown,
Chandler, Curry, Richardson, Jefferson, Griffin, Parker and Radmanovic have
legitimate All-Star potential in the next few years. And the "braintrust"
whiffed.

Mark