Berry on Cook/Forte

Colleague Mark Berry delves into some interesting
hatchery material with his musings on Cook/Forte including this excerpt:

"Anyway, it's very encouraging. Anyone else think Forte may be packaged
in
some kind of salary-dumping move to free up money for Rodney Rogers this

summer?"

Yes Old Squirt, Forte is on the rocks. And which member of the
Celtics front office do we think bad-mouthed Forte to Katz, who's
probably
more sourced into the draft and pre-NBA talent than any reporter going?

Any ways, Forte is a goner. His future seperation is a mixmash of being
Auerbach's pick, missing out on Tinsley/Parker, the long term contract
of Tony Delk, the tremendous need to develop Kedrick Brown, and
the avoidance of the luxury tax. Whatever the multitude of reasons,
Joe will go.

And not that Joe can't be a very good NBA player. He can with his
smarts,
shooting skills, and rebounding toughness. But not in this situation.

My suggestion would be to acquire a late first round pick or a couple of
high twos,
in the present or a future draft. Lots of intriguing Euro big men and
combo guard arriving
for NBA duty in the next three years. There are also some interesting
domestic types
like Steve Logan, Lee Benson, Sam Clancy, Carlos Boozer....
Ray