Re: Celtic Pride Goeth before a Prediction

In a message dated 3/15/2002 9:35:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
snoopy1@pig.net writes:

> Anyway, I
> think Ray should be congratulated for predicting such a high win total
> despite his posted misgivings about the team.  I mean that, even if it
> meant I had to surrender my normal position as the person/beagle most
> optimistic about the Celtics' chances.

Actually, Ray's "prediction" was quite insincere. It followed statements on
how we should only win 20 so we'd draft higher, and that we'd finish in the
30-40 win range.
The 61-19, 80 game total, was no accident. Ray declared that two games would
be postponed when Osama Bin Laden was discovered hiding in Heinsohn's giant
beer keg under the press table.  (imagine how bad that beer would taste!)

His actual post from the archives: