Re: GP vs. Kidd..and the MVP.

> First let me say that we're talking about two great players. No
> question.
>
> But if you're reducing Kidd's game to statistics, you're missing the
> point entirely. As good as Payton is, I'd wager that the Sonics would be
> a better team with Kidd at point guard and the Nets wouldn't be as good
> with Payton at point guard.

Mark's right about stats. They never tell the whole story. I'll keep
reminding him of that every chance I get. But as for the Sonics being better
with Kidd? I'll wager that the Suns would've gone deeper into the playoffs
with Payton. They're both great players, but why has Kidd stunk it up in the
playoffs so often. If he makes his teams so much better, what happens to
them in the playoffs? If the Nets don't get to the finals this year, it's
all on Kidd. I may be biased, living in the Northwest, but I'll take Payton
every time.

Paul M.