Re: last ? quip

On Thursday, June 27, 2002, at 01:36 PM, gene kirkpatrick wrote:

> don't we need a banger pf more than
> another tweener 1/2?--and we're so thin up front that
> an injury to Battie will virtually cancel our season.

*****************
	This is "truth." Our situation at center and Wallace's lack of
enthusiasm for Songilia, reminds me of last summer at Shaw's, when I was
touting Jaques Vaughn, to Jimmy O'Brien, who told me that we were three
deep at point guard. "Do you mean; Milt Palacio, Randy Brown and Kenny
Anderson (this was before Kenny spent the summer at Lourdes)?" Head in
sand, or just playing close to the vest?
	For whoever it was that questioned why I wrote that Wallace was
kicking this kid in the balls, well, maybe it can't be construed as
personal, but if you were just drafted into the NBA, arguably the
biggest moment of your life, wouldn't you want a bit more of a welcome?
A little inspiration perhaps? "Well you know we have roster problems,
but we really love this kid and with our thin front court, if he shows
us what we're looking for he'd be a welcome addition....yadda,
yadda......just to give him a better feeling about the team and perhaps
just more welcome.
	 I'll tell you, it would put my chin down to my knees, at least for
a while and while I'd come back to try and show the "bastard" up, I'd
really long for a chance to go to another team and "do it to em."
	Is Wallace playing the Harry Sinden to Jeremy Jacobs game?
		JB

			Unchain My Heart!