RE: last ? quip

I will calm down, it always happens, but this last
statement about allowing Songaila a fighting chance to
make the roster:  I have more confidence that he will
help us this year than even Kedrick, and certainly
more than Blount.  Besides, don't we have room for DD
and Darius?  Vitaly will be IR, Roshawn Mc (whoever he
is) won't be on the roster, we probably won't keep
Strickland--and don't we need a banger pf more than
another tweener 1/2?--and we're so thin up front that
an injury to Battie will virtually cancel our season.
This Songaila fellow brings us far more than Rodney
Rogers, all things considered--age, height, reach,
rebounding, even scoring (within the arc and with free
throws).  Yep, I'll stand by that.  And it's Wallace's
job to recognize that. Cheers.  Gene
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

We don't need Rodney Rogers an overweight, undersized, tweaner whose only
game is a 3 point shot, and who gets ate up defensively. The worst thing we
could do is resign him. Someone said he can legitimately play 3 positions, I
believe this is overstating his value. He is a journeyman that has been
shipped around about 5 times when teams found out he could not play a
position regularly. Yeah, he can provide some scoring off the bench, but he
gives up too much in other areas. He is a defensive liability at any
position. Unless he is in the $2-3M range he is not worth it.

We should not resign

Blount
Rogers
Mcleod
Mccarty
Strickland(only after all dealing is done)

That frees up 5 spots

We should seek to move the following in a package:
Anderson
Battie
Delk
Forte
Battie
Williams
McCarty
Brown (if we have to to acquire a proven talent)

Take a look at Cook, Songalia, Udonis Haslem, Lee Benson, Lenny Cooke,
Marvin O'conner (37 against Stanford in the NCAA tourney), Aaron Mghee, Luke
Recker, Reggie Evans, Deangelo Collins, Pedrag Savovic for a sleeper or two.
Haslem though a bit undersized was a pretty physical player in the games I
saw. Mcghee could be a steal.

Mcghee, Evans and Haslem all droped due to their size. Haslem & Evans are
the Fortson mold and dropped due to their 6'7" 6'8" height. Rodman owned the
boards at 6'7" Evans could be a Ben Wallace

Some reasonably priced free agents that could help:

Kevin Willis (Veteran leadership in the middle)
Dean Garrett
Cherokee Parks ( a little more versatile than V)
Radoslav Nesterovic (I expect will be resigned)
Keon Clark (interior shot blocker)
Jerome James (Big body, but agile)
Victor Alexander (Played well in the games I saw)
Voshon Lenard (Outside scoring threat, better size than Delk)
Olumide Oyedeji (??????)
Ricky Davis (A good 2 guard find with decent size)
Brian Skinner (A good rebounder when not injured)
Eduardo Najera (Gives you 100%)
Stanislav Medvendenko (Played well for the Lakers at times)
Charles Smith
Michael Doleac