Re: How can you not love this face?

--- You wrote:
Are you telling me that he has no chance to be better than Marc
Blount? Are you telling me that you don't have an open mind and wouldn't
want to see what he can do at Shaw's? Are you telling me that it's good
for the kid, and/or the team to make such statements, at the kids draft
party, whether they are true or not?
	I'll tell you, I'm getting sick of this poor mouth act. It's as if
Wallace is making excuses before the season begins. Most teams are wary
of the luxury tax, but how many of them are telling their draft picks
not to waste the air fare?
	You say, we may only have a 12 or 13 man roster? Well how about
cutting costs by firing the GM? Most of the posters to this forum did
better in last years draft than you did, even if you can blame Pitino
for; Moiso, Klack and Sesar.
	Your act is getting tired Chris, no wonder Red & O'Bie stayed home.
--- end of quote ---

DISCLAIMER: I'm biased about this issue.
That aside, I don't understand the logic of saving a few hundred K and losing a
player who everybody thinks can help this team AND is the type of player that
this team's been lacking. I watched DS a lot this year, and I don't see how
he's not better than Pot or Blount. Unlike Pot and Blount, he's a smart player;
he has legit size, low-post game, and mid-range game. He's a good rebounder
(hello, Mark Blount!) and, unlike Pot who has stumps for arms, he has long arms
and excellent hands. He shoots a high percentage from the field and from the
line. And he plays big in big games. I simply don't understand how a roster
spot can't be found for such a player when we have a whole lot of
non-contributors on the bench - some of whom are free agents. Moreover, Pot
won't even be back until well into the season, and when he's back, he'll be
stiffer than ever after a major injury.

I just don't understand Chris Wallace. In one sentence, he talks about trying
not to be too "lean" with the roster, as you need all those players over the
"eternity" of an 82-game season. But apparently it only applies to little guys,
not big guys, especially if the little guys are tied to the disastrous 2001
draft and are difficult to give away. Conclusion: the dead weight picked up in
the 2001 draft and the subsequent trade (i.e., Forte, Delk, and possibly even
Kedrick) will not allow us to add quality players for next season. I fully
expect the coaching staff to sabotage Songaila's attempt to show what he can do
in the summer league on instructions from Wallace and Thanksdad's head
henchman, CFO Pond, all to save a few dollars and make the Celtics draft 2001
look less of a disaster.
Kestas