Trying to stay positive

Good or bad the trade is done. The discussion on the list has been great but time will tell.
 Vin Baker will provide much needed low post scoring.  That is a plus!  I don't think anyone would be upset if it wasn't for the 4 year CONTRACT.  If it was for only two years I think everyone would be very positive about the trade.  Maybe Wallace is a genius and everyone else in the world is a fool. The problem is the NBA has a lots of GM's that feel that their coach, location, style of play or team will turn a player around.  Sometimes it happens but most often it doesn't. My gut just doesn't feel right about this trade but I will be very happy if I'm wrong.  The reality of this trade is that it will provide very little flexiblity to do anything big again for 3-4 years unless he trades Walker who I still feel is the heart and soul of this team.  BUT IF and that is a big "if" Baker does turn his career around and becomes closer to being a 20 - 10 guy.  Would Wallace like to pull the trigger again (Walker for Baron Davis type player?)?  If Baker does well very few people will question Wallace again.... Ultimatly this trade will make or break Wallace.