Re: Baker and future

	On Thursday, July 25, 2002, at 02:51 AM, bird wrote:

And isn't it about time for JB to mention some point guards who are out
there?
	***********************

	Sorry, Bill, I'm still in shock. As you know, I was looking for a
back up point guard and now we have none and no money to spend for four
more years.
	I'm also still about 50 posts behind this board. LOL.
	Is this deja vu, or what? It took Pitino three years to get rid of
the bad contracts he inherited from M.L. and O'Brien/Wallace had another
year or two to get out of Pitino's mistakes and here  we go again. My
only cogent question at this point is who's going to come in and fall on
their shield to get out of this mess? Is Dave Gavitt still around? Don
Chaney will probably be available.
	Anyone else wonder why Cook wasn't allowed to dress for the last
three Shaw's games? Were they afraid he'd look too good? Most likely, he
opened his mouth a bit, but I wonder what the inside word is.
	I'm not getting my hopes up, for a true point guard for the roster,
since we won't spend more than the minimum salary to get one. Cook was
about the best in the minor leagues and a Euro guy would cost a salary
and a buy out. I suppose that leaves broken down retreads like Mookie
Blaylock, Greg Anthony and Tim Hardaway, but even they, who would have
to be paid the veteran's minimum, are out of our price range.
	Our best hope is that someone like Smush Parker or (dare I mention
his name) Khalid El-Amin, gets cut from another roster.

	JB