Re: A loss is a loss is a...(Antoine)

on 1/10/02 8:20 AM, Boston SportsFan at bostonsptsfan@yahoo.com wrote:

> "Walker also was limping badly. He says he twisted it and needs an
> MRI. Was it my imagination, or did it seem to me that he was
> exaggerating it for the fans, as if to gain sympathy? I hope he isn't
> really hurt."

       ********
I don't get this...If Paul is limping around on the court, (Which he's
> done many times) he's a "Warrior". Antoine does it, and he's
> "exaggerating" to try to get "sympathy" from the fans.
>
> I saw him out there, barely able to move, still hustling out, Jumping
> out to cover the pick and roll, with no lateral movement really. This
> could be a bad sign. I'm sitting there thinking, god, I hope it's not
> the ACL...An ACL can just seem "Sore" and you can even continue to play
> on it for a time.
>
> I wonder if the attitude towards 'Toine would change if it turned out he
> played over a quarter of a game with a torn ACL...
>
> "exaggerating"    *shaking head*
>
> Sorry JB, but this, combined with that hatchet job on 'Toine in the
> Sporting News yesterday has me boiling over.
BSF

Don't need to be sorry BSF. Walker deserves all the respect you afford him
and for all the reasons you state.
   As I wrote, I hope he isn't really hurt. I just passed along an intuitive
perception, that I questioned, as my imagination, that he was being a bit
dramatic/although wishful thinking perhaps, that he wasn't hurt as badly as
it seemed, or as you perceived.
JB