Re: Wallace hints that Forte was a mistake

Birdman,
Wallace doesn't think that a Tom Brady, a guy out of nowhere, can happen in
basketball. I would say look at Brendon Haywood. He was just a 20 pick and he
looks right now like the guy who would fill our center spot for the next ten
years. Instead of having to develop players we never play to trade for a
center, there was one available at the 20 pick. Same thing with the future
point guard situation. There are suprises all the time in the NBA. Look at
Paul Pierce falling to 10.

The thing that makes it dissapointing is that we are going to trade away our
opportunity for a point guard or center in next year's draft because of the
cap situation. Therefore, the only change this team is going to see is in the
improvement of JJ, Kedrick and Forte. I like JJ and Kedrick but what he is
saying that we won't be seeing any change (barring some unforseen luck in a
wild free agent signing or trade) in the point guard or center position for 2
years.

I call this dissapointing. I agree, it is pretty basic stuff....

DJessen33