Re: Apparently Paul Silas does.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Orion" <johnlyell@hotmail.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: Apparently Paul Silas does.

> Again, I never said Russell was not a good player or  could not teach big
> men who want to learn.

* You're right.  You said he wasn't very successful as a coach, which, of
course, coupled with saying the same thing about Silas, implies that they
are lacking in their coaching skills.  Of course your assessment fails to
account for the teams they have coached and the level of talent in
comparison to those teams above them.

Maybe you are proving my point though, I can't say I
> have really seen lot of progress in our big men. We have not had a decent
> Center since the Chief.

I don't think Wallace can be held responsible way back to those days but I
would like to see a strong post presence too.  Who wouldn't?  But it ain't
as easy as it was for I Dream of Jeannie. Remember, Pitino tried to get
O'Neal and Alvin Williams.

> Imagine Andre Miller in Celtic Green. Miller for V, an unproven three toed
> sloth? Boy the brass really blew that one, EW instead of Finley, the
Mercer
> & Billups draft(not much talent in that one but don't draft someone to
play
> a position they never have well), the Moiso (The best athlete in the
draft?)
> experiment, then this years crop of lost souls.

Have you seen Billups play at all this year?  Tell me now that he cannot
play the point.  Had Pitino stayed with the guy for more than half a season,
we may have found that out.  Now there are folks who want to give up on our
rookies already again.  Question: how many minutes is Zach Randolph getting
these days?  Does that mean he sucks or that he is adjusting to the pro
game?

> Not a lot of high marks for this teams scouting and player evaluation
> skills. These move have set the Celtics back years. I am just tired of
> hearing "Wait 'til next year"

I'm tired of having to work everyday but them's the breaks.

> I also don't buy the hind sight is 20/20 when these guys spend hours
looking
> at film and seeing them in person. How did we select Jo Forte instead of a
> guy like Brendan Heywood that could have helped us immediately?

Wait til next year :-)

Cecil