Re: All Star voting

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Forant" <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>

> You get with the program. My point is if Pierce and Walker continue to
throw
> up shots without regard to team development the team will wind up in the
> long run like last year. I agree they need to take the bulk of the offense
> but many shots are street pick up game types. Between the two of them they
> probably average 10 ill considered shots per game. This will work short
> term, but it is an 82 game season.

Since when has the All-Star game been about "team development"?   I thought
it was always an event for the "gunners" of the league.  I don't go out of
my way to watch it, but I usually find it entertaining if I do happen to
catch it.  You get to see guys trying things (dunks, passes, etc.) they
normally wouldn't do in a real game.  I wouldn't want to watch it all the
time, but once a year is kind of fun.  Antoine and Paul certainly deserve to
be considered for it because they both put up big numbers.  That's what that
game is all about.  If that's not your thing, that's fine, I see your point.
But, our two captains are exactly the type of player that the game is for.

Jim