Correct, but you can't sit and wait for someone to come to us. We have been
doing that for too long.   I remember Jerry West stating you can't sit
around and wait for others to come and knock you off the mountain. The
Lakers rebuilt themselves through trades, free agency, and sound draft picks
in the late first or second rounds. They landed Kobe Bryant  through a draft
related trade for Vlade Divac. They took chances on the likes of Rodman,
Rider, and Rice some worked out, some didn't.

Although many despise Pitino's moves he did bring us Anderson, Battie, VP,
Eric Williams (jury still out)  and Joe Johnson or Kedrick Brown via trade,
and we could have had Alvin Williams who when the deal went down everyone
cried, but he has played very well under Lenny Wilkins. Now maybe some of
those deals were not half bad, and they may have some trade value? At least
trader Rick was not hesitant on pulling the trigger one thing Gavitt and his
predecessors wouldn't do.

There have been some trades you would have thought teams would never go for.
Williams , Battie and VP  have been showcased well as of late, and there are
always teams willing to take a shot on a unproven Joe Forte who I really do
not see fitting in the picture. He is about 5 deep on the guard roster
behind even Palacio & Strickland.

Ricky Davis has been moved around about 4 times and has played very well in
Cleveland. I think we need one more athletic scorer. Kedrick Brown was the
Celtics investment for the future.

Another interesting opportunity could be the Clippers. If I am not mistaken,
in the next three years they will have Brand, Odom, and Miles coming up for
renegotiation. Everyone knows Donald Sterling is a tight wad who is not
going to give them all of them the max. Brand is a possibility due to his
stability, but Odom could be available. I am not sure we could swing this
one though, after Pierce and Walker we do not have a lot to offer for him.

With Cowens gone we could see some changes. Could they be willing to move
Marc Jackson and Sura?
 Would you trade VP & say Forte or Williams for Jackson and Sura?
Could Mookie Blaylock help us in a playoff march?  Even at his age he is a
much better point than Milt Palacio.

Would you move VP and Forte for Lafrentz? Chances are probably slim, but
Issel is on the hot seat and may be on the way out, but someone will land
Raef and Van Exel

Some little seemingly irrelevant moves like this can get you the role
players like a David Wesley, (that one still hurts) all teams need to go
deep into the playoffs.

PS: Mark Blount is terrible, why did they resign this guy?

Josh, have you talked to Chris Wallace lately?  Are they even considering
any changes?

John