RE: [Celtic_Pride] Re: Kenny vs. Milt

I just want to say that in no way would having a Marbury or Kidd be a waste
of resources on this team. I think it's been so long since this team had a
good point guard that we've conditioned ourselves to think the only way the
Celtics can play is with Antoine acting as the de facto point guard. This
team would be so much better with a true point guard who led the team,
pushed the ball, initiated the offense and got the ball to the
finishers-Pierce and Walker-in places where they could finish. Kenny, Milt,
Antoine... they're all lousy point guards. We can talk around it all we
want, but if any of those guys are playing big minutes at point guard, your
team is in trouble at that position. But, we have a plan... wait for next
year's draft, hope there are some good point guards, hope no one picking in
front of us takes them all, and then pick the best one that's left.

The team could get by with lousy point guards if it had a big, strong
frontcourt that would rebound missed shots and turn them into easy baskets
either through follow-shots or fast breaks. But it doesn't have that either.

Mark