Re: [Celtic_Pride] Re: Kenny vs. Milt

At 15:29 24/08/01 +0800, kevin wrote:
>2)Shira from the globe is getting better these days but I think she
>might still have some misinformations on and off. I believe the Moiso
>lottery-protected pick gotten from Philly might have been misinformed
>to her. I like to think Wallace got the better of it with the Cs
>(rather than the sixers) having the option to excersise the pick
>during the lottery protected first 4 years. I think only next june
>will we get to know the full details.

I wish our friend Chris Wallace could provide clarification on this.

It seems odd to me that there would need to be lottery protection on the
first four years, if Philly still holds the option on when Boston can
exercise the pick. Why bother? This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

So yeah, I hope you are right Kevin. If you are right, I think Wallace
should just put the Philly pick in a lock box rather than be tempted to use
it quickly. Boston should gamble on maybe getting a lottery pick down the
road once the protection comes off and Mutombo and Larry Brown are retired.
There's not much to lose.

Of course, the deal could be that Boston has to exercise the pick the first
time Philly misses the lottery, which obviously would likely be next year.
That might be what they mean by "lottery protected".