Re: Kenny vs Milt

I think what we're forgetting in all the Kenny-Milt talk is the Antoine at
PG idea. I think it's more than just a 10-minute-a-night experiment. I
expect to see a lot of Antoine at PG this year, with Milt, Kedrick Brown and
occasionally Joe Forte playing alongside him. And don't rule out Shammond
Williams. He'd be perfect for this kind of role (not that I necessarily
agree that the team should be run this way).

I'd be a lot more excited about Antoine at PG if they'd let him go ahead and
defend PGs and get another big man on the floor. Instead, they seem
determined to play him with a small backcourt player who can defend PGs, and
stick Antoine on PFs (and Pierce on SFs). This not only keeps the Celts at a
disadvantage on the boards, it negates the great matchup advantage Antoine
would have if defended by any true point guard in the league. Of course, the
big man options on this team are Battie, Blount and Potapenko, so it's not
like we're playing Antoine at PG to make room for Maurice Lucas. But the PG
options are Milt, R. Brown and Kenny... so it's not like we're making room
for Cousy. (Boy do our big men and PGs suck...)

Anyway, I'm expecting a lot of Antoine at PG, at least early in the season.
Its effectiveness will determine how much it continues.

Mark