Re: Fascination with Foyle

When Blount is the Center, he will be able to
challenge shots but lacks offensive talent.  That
could be forgiven if he could rebound, but he can't.
That leaves Antoine as our best rebounder, and he's
undersized at his position.  This team desperately
needs a center that can rebound.

When Vitaly is at Center, the team benefits from his
above average offensive talents and defensive hustle.
He can also rebound and his production per minute is
excellent.  But he can't challenge shots because he's
a short solidly built white guy, thus he compensates
by pushing everyone around (yes!) but with the
semi-recent rule changes the refs call ticky-tac fouls
down low, rendering his effectiveness and time on the
court.

But... when Battie is at Center, he challenges shots,
rebounds, and is suitable offensively.  At least, that
was how he played last year before the injury.  We
need 30 productive minute a game out of him, Vitaly
can have the rest, and Blount can sulk on the bench
until he learns how to hit the boards.  Battie is the
key.  I don't think he's "El Busto."  I think the
Celts are gonna be the El Bustos if he gets his skinny
self injured again.  The Travis Knight for Battie deal
was a good trade in my book.

http://im.yahoo.com/