Re: Fascination with Foyle

In a message dated 8/13/01 1:36:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ktoreed@yahoo.com writes:

> But... when Battie is at Center, he challenges shots,
> rebounds, and is suitable offensively.  At least, that
> was how he played last year before the injury.  We
> need 30 productive minute a game out of him, Vitaly
> can have the rest, and Blount can sulk on the bench
> until he learns how to hit the boards.  Battie is the
> key.  I don't think he's "El Busto."  I think the
> Celts are gonna be the El Bustos if he gets his skinny
> self injured again.  The Travis Knight for Battie deal
> was a good trade in my book.

I agree on Battie -- his numbers for last year are diminished by his
post-injury playing time. He was finally showing what he can do. Anyone who
gives West credit for trading away Battie for Knight is just plain biased
against Battie. That deal proved that even West makes mistakes.

I agree also that the Blount we saw last season didn't even know how to
rebound. However, he showed rebounding promise at Shaw's and even tho that
was against marginal players he showed a better understanding of rebounding
technique. That will translate into more rebounds for him this year. Foyle
had very similar rebounding numbers his first year and for the same reason --
in college both of these guys got rebounds because they were the biggest, not
because they knew what they were doing. Blount also showed improvement in his
offensive skills although I don't want him handling the rock more than 5 feet
from the basket.

George