RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V8 #275

McCleod shipped to Boston

Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Celtics acquired forward Roshown
McLeod and a future first round draft choice Friday from the Philadelphia
76ers for Jerome Moiso.

McLeod and Dikembe Mutombo were acquired from Atlanta on February 22, a deal
that sent Toni Kukoc, Nazr Mohammed, Pepe Sanchez and Theo Ratliff to the
Hawks.

The 6-8, 230-pound forward was selected 20th overall by the Hawks in 1998.
McLeod played two seasons at St. John's University before playing two years
under Coach Krzyzewski as a Duke Blue Devil where he was an honorable
mention All-American candidate in 1998.

In 36 games with the Sixers and Hawks, he averaged 9.6 points and 3.4
rebounds per game.

Moiso, a 6-10 forward played just two years at UCLA, posting 12.0 points per
game. He was drafted 11th overall in the 2000 NBA Draft and averaged 1.5
points and 1.8 rebounds in 24 contests for Boston last season.
Not that I expect much from McCleod, but Moiso was pure garbage.  We at
least get a future #1 pick.  Good Trade Obie & Wallace!