Au revoir, Poodle Boy

At 14:27 03/08/01 -0400, Berry, Mark  S wrote:
>What the deal says is the Celtics feel Moiso is a complete bust. Because if
>you believe he's going to develop, you certainly don't trade him now when
>his value is lower than it ever has been or ever will be.

I actually think Moiso's perceived trade value may be higher now than it
will be next summer, assuming he had stayed put in Boston.

Even with a few injuries to our bigmen, he was still too clueless to get
minutes in the system. I was frankly expecting more of the same next year,
and if that happens his market value moves from that of untapped lottery
pick to that of just another veteran, slightly overpayed benchwarmer.

Still I'd agree that today's trades, both from the Philly and Boston
perspectives, seem a bit odd. I have a hard time believing at this moment
there will ever be a spot for McCleod on the 12-man roster this upcoming
season, even factoring in injuries.

I also have a seriously hard time believing that Moiso will ever factor
into any future Philly-Boston rivalry. Still, it is an excellent move for him.