RE: My 2 cents worth

>Was Pierce dumb for being in an establishment that, from all accounts,
>sounds like the red light district of Boston, where known previous assaults
>have taken place?  No way.  Not at 2 in the morning with a golf tournament
>the next day.

Ok, I wasn't going to post on this whole thread either but...

There is no longer a red light district in Boston. Period. To even allude
to that fact is laughable these days. That area is not the safest place in
Boston to be at 2am, but there are a helluva lot worse places to be.

Reading from one of WOTR's links. The private party was, of all things to
be, for a post fashion show party (perhaps Joe should have gone with his
wife and poodle) that was held at Symphony Hall earlier that night.

The club's violations have included overcrowding, underage drinking, patron
drug use, a bouncer beating someone up, and one stabbing over the past 8-10
years. I'm in no way defending the club, but this is a different take then
the "numerous stabbings" Dan said, and other than the stabbing, not unusual
for a club (in fact these are the reasons that the Paradise, aka Eurohaus,
was shut down. Which was the club Bledsoe got into a bit of trouble in). If
the media wanted to write a story using any dance/rock club in Boston as a
back drop and portray it as dangerous/seedy they could (and I'm not talking
about the places where middle-aged suburbanites go when they buy tickets in
advance to see the latest Muddy Waters rip off).

The club is better known as a gay bar and/or eurotrash (local derogatory
Boston-ism for young rich kids who come for college and occasionally stay
for a bit) bar who would be more likely to blow $100-200 for a bottle of
Moet or Cristal to pour over their heads while dancing than get into a fight.

Oh, and as for the night before a golf tournament, have you ever seen most
of these guys play golf??? It was a charity event, you show up, give your
money, and have a good time with your buddies.

Pierce was a victim of a crime, he is a public figure which unfortunately
can make him more of a target than your average person, and he was in the
wrong place at the wrong time.