RE: My 2 cents worth

At 08:00 AM 9/28/00 -0700, Michael wrote:
>I haven't posted on the Pierce topic at all but trying to be completely
>objective I think the list is making too much of Dan's opinion on this
>matter.
[cut]
> I think people on
>the list actually stretched his opinion to include someone who has no
>sympathy at all for Pierce.  I didn't read that really.

Well, I don't think it's a stretch. Excerpts from Dan's posts include:

"I have no pity for Pierce, he should not have been where he was. If he
cares so little about life he doesn't deserve one."

"Why do people frequent places that are dangerous, I'll let you figure that
out. My reason is their looking for trouble. Maybe Pierce needed a fix,
because millions just don't do it anymore....I have no sympathy."

Sounds pretty unambiguously unsympathetic to me.

Alex