Re: With Fifi I and II, How Can The Celtics Lose...

Way Of The Ray wrote:

> Bring up Ernest Brown all you like. And I'll bring up Herren and
> O'Neal and Nowitzki and Szczerbiak and on and on...
> Sure I screw up every now and then, but I'm generally very
> accurate.

Generally "very accurate" about what? I'm not being critical here, Ray (honestly).
I'm just wondering what the connection is with the names you list. I was going to
guess that you have a thing for white hopes (since I believe you also last year
called Shawn Bradley a perfect fit for the Celtics), but the Jermaine O'Neal thing
throws that equation off.

Or your point might be that all these guys have proven themselves to be good NBA
prospects while Moiso (or frankly any other young Celtic player) has not.

Well what if Moiso scores 3.1 ppg and shoots .363 from the field like Herren did
as a rookie?  Or 3.9 ppg like O'Neil in his fourth NBA season? I guess that would
qualify Moiso as a major bust and you'd pat yourself on the back.

Don't set yourself up on this one, Ray. Even if you prove to be "very accurate"
about Moiso (which I think shouldn't surprise anybody), no one on this list is
going to give you an ounce of credit for making any kind of prediction on any kind
of subject matter based on the opening days of practice out of  which only one
p.r. session (the scrimmage for season ticket holders that I have to assume you
attended) was open to the general public. It's a no-win situation.

In general, I think you get bashed a bit harshly on this list. I've done that
before too, definitely, just as I've gotten flamed. I think it is a welcome thing
that you stick up for yourself and that you keep contributing to the list.
Sometimes I wonder what it is about the Celtics that keeps you involved on this
list (since I can't recall an instance in the past three years where you've said
something positive about any Celtics player or the coach), but if you stay on the
list I guess that's proof enough you support the team.

***