Re: With Fifi I and II, How Can The Celtics Lose...

"Berry, Mark S" wrote:

> Ray spewed:
>
> "Moiso has a foetid aura of swamp gas and suffocation, of failure right from
> the start. Sure, in three years, he might be a good player, but there were
> much better alternatives available, who would have helped right away and
> provided a much greater career impact than Moiso. Pitino blew this draft."
>
> This is a classic example of Pitino being damned if he does and damned if he
> doesn't. Ray, you want the Celts to stockpile draft picks and tank the
> season, but you complain because you don't believe this year's draft pick
> will help right away. It's typical Pitino-bashing.

And he doesn't deserve to be bashed? Plus, you're slightly skewing
what I said, which was for the Celtics to crash and burn, so
Pitino et al. would be gone, and then draft well. I certainly don't want
Pitino -- in light of his mistakes -- anywhere near those draft
picks. Get a competent GM in here and sure let him stockpile
and draft some players.

Also, I didn't say anything about tanking the season. I said crash
and burn - they can crash and burn quite naturally - tanking involves
a fixed effort.

> He didn't take Courtney
> Alexander. Get over it. We won't know if he made the right decision for a
> couple of years. Let's at least give Moiso that long, OK?

Do you really think in light of Pitino's past actions and future employment,
that Moiso will be given the years needed to mature in to a good
player?

> Can we save his
> obituary until after the first preseason game? And maybe it's a little early
> to start reserving Alexander's and Speedy Claxton's spots in the Hall of
> Fame. Let's see how they actually look in a game jersey before we go that
> far.
> Mark Blount's stats in the summer leagues--whether he averaged 8 ppg or
> 28--are meaningless. The guy may or may not make it, but if he does
> contribute, it will be as a defensive presence and shot-blocker. Those are
> some of the things Moiso can bring even before he fully understands the
> system. And those are the things the Celtics desperately need (not another
> one-dimensional gunner with a checkered past like C. Alexander). I've
> resisted throwing Ernest Brown back in your lap, Ray, but garbage like this
> brings out the worst in me.

Bring up Ernest Brown all you like. And I'll bring up Herren and
O'Neal and Nowitzki and Szczerbiak and on and on...
Sure I screw up every now and then, but I'm generally very
accurate.

I saw the other day, that Donn Nelson says Alexander is already
the second best defender on the Mavericks.

> This is all going to be settled, one way or the other, after this season.
> The Celts make the playoffs or they don't. Pitino stays or goes. Toine's BYC
> comes off. Three draft picks. But let's see how it plays out. Isn't that
> what the games are for?
>
> Mark

Well, as I mentioned in the news group, you can be interested in
the Celtics for things like Walker's new found fitness; Herren;
Blount; Pierce's return; whether Battie can ever be
consistent... and so forth.
Ray