Re: With Fifi I and II, How Can The Celtics Lose...

Ray spewed:

"Moiso has a foetid aura of swamp gas and suffocation, of failure right from
the start. Sure, in three years, he might be a good player, but there were
much better alternatives available, who would have helped right away and
provided a much greater career impact than Moiso. Pitino blew this draft."

This is a classic example of Pitino being damned if he does and damned if he
doesn't. Ray, you want the Celts to stockpile draft picks and tank the
season, but you complain because you don't believe this year's draft pick
will help right away. It's typical Pitino-bashing. He didn't take Courtney
Alexander. Get over it. We won't know if he made the right decision for a
couple of years. Let's at least give Moiso that long, OK? Can we save his
obituary until after the first preseason game? And maybe it's a little early
to start reserving Alexander's and Speedy Claxton's spots in the Hall of
Fame. Let's see how they actually look in a game jersey before we go that
far.
Mark Blount's stats in the summer leagues--whether he averaged 8 ppg or
28--are meaningless. The guy may or may not make it, but if he does
contribute, it will be as a defensive presence and shot-blocker. Those are
some of the things Moiso can bring even before he fully understands the
system. And those are the things the Celtics desperately need (not another
one-dimensional gunner with a checkered past like C. Alexander). I've
resisted throwing Ernest Brown back in your lap, Ray, but garbage like this
brings out the worst in me.
This is all going to be settled, one way or the other, after this season.
The Celts make the playoffs or they don't. Pitino stays or goes. Toine's BYC
comes off. Three draft picks. But let's see how it plays out. Isn't that
what the games are for?

Mark