Re: Random thoughts...

<<<<Statistics mean nothing. At the end of the night you look at the final
score.
You then look at your field goal percentages. Then you look at the assist
numbers. When Antoine Walker and Paul Pierce shot badly you have to look at
the situations that Kenny got them the ball in. How many times last season
did people complain about Antoine and Paul having to put up low-percentage
shots at the buzzer.>>>>

Eh...I just don't know what to say to folks like you.
Did you play alot of ball growing up? I just can't imagine that you did.

Listen statistics DO matter. It sounds nice to say the
final score is all that matters, but if your evaluating
a player stats matter. Stats arent everything but to say
they are meaningless is clearly off base.

Secondly its not all about the point guard. The performances of Walker and
Pierce last night are a perfectly good example. I suppose it was all Herren's
fault that those two shot like 30%?! Other players beside the point guard set
up shots, through picks
movement without the ball and so on. You would think
someone who saw say Larry Bird would realize this.

Maybe Kenny was disrupting them from the bench.

Look I am not a great hoops player but I have managed to play with a few good
players here and there.
Kenny can flat out play. You need to really watch him, not just listen to
hype.

<<<often did people complain that the shot clock was already half over before
Kenny initiated the offense? More than 75 percent of the losses from last
season
can be contributed to the fact that Antoine and Paul were forced into forcing
their offense. That is not necessarily their own fault because they received
the
ball in the right situation. It was no coincidence that the second that Chris
Herren came in Antoine shot well, Paul shot well and the role players produced
(Bryant Stith for example). You then take away that sort of ball movement and
the teamautomatically began to struggle - as Cornbread said it got to be very
much like we were watching a game from last years team especially in the way
the ball was moved.>>>>

Uh huh. Its a pretty hard case to make that the team
has improved since Kenny went out. I don't see it.
I don't think getting 2 points out of your starting
point guard the last two games is that glorious.
Your a little to focused on style and tend to ignore
results.

And all this talk about improved ball movement and so on
with Kenny gone is just that : talk. Kenny has a different style then some
point guards. He waits for
the right pass. He is a good ball handler so excess passing can lead to extra
turnovers. Yup he is that good
at it. Marbury also seems to have some similiar habits
because he has some of the same kind of skills.

If you can't handle the ball like say Brunson then yeah
your looking to pass it off. If your scared to take a shot then you look to
shovel it out of your hands as soon as possible. Kenny isn't that kind of
guard.

I tend to take a very different tack then some folks
on these lists. I tend to think a professional hoops players and coaches tend
to know more about the game
then we do. I see that the players miss Kenny and enjoy
playing with him. I see the coach likes Kenny and starts him.

I tend to think Pitino knows his stuff, even if his team isnt great. After
all Larry Brown had a bunch of
miserable years before he put this team together.

Either way I think I will be proven right in the end.
When Kenny comes back we can see how the team plays and
compare W-L. I just hope he stays in shape and lifts and such like he did
last year.

I think its a style thing that folks don't like Kenny.
Just like these Boston fans never liked Sherm Douglas.
Kenny is street style player, but he gets results just
like Sherm did.

Hehe I remember all those folks praising the day we got
Todd Day for Sherm. LOL. Sometimes the fans just don't know basketball.

Pete