last night's game

One problem with last night's game, I watched what seemed to be proof that a
young player had turned from his selfish
ways to help his team win. I found myself enjoying watching his team play
together. The problem was I was impressed
with Allen Iverson and the team obviously was the Sixers. I have dismissed a
lot of the local talk of how they were playing
as being hometeam fever, but after watching them last night I come away
convinced that they can go far this year in the
playoffs. If...Iverson can continue distributing the ball, Ratliff can
continue playing like he did last night. If they go back to
Allen arriving late or not at all for practice, then they will
self-destruct. I think that they may still get to that point, but for now
they look pretty good. They may be the worst 10-0 team per Josh, but I was
impressed with their ball movement last night.

Too bad I couldn't say any of that for the Celtics. What were our
highlights, Eric Williams and Brian Stith seemed to play
well. Why on earth did they keep firing up the 3s? I understand that they
have been shooting well from behind the arc, but
I think that they shot themselves out of the game. It was ugly and painful
to watch, I must say I was feeling optimistic after
reading some thoughts this year from the group.  This was the first game I
have been able to see in the past 2 years, and
I must admit I don't think that I missed much. I know, I know it was only
one game. But I now understand why they cause
such frustration in everyone who can see them more regularly than I do.

A couple observations/questions:
Why did Herren hardly play at all?
Why is Brunson bringing the ball down at shooting it immediately?
Then again, why is anyone on the team doing that?
What were they 4 for 30 from behind the line, why didn't the players stop to
think that this probably wasn't their night?
When is Pitino ball leaving town?

The Philly announcers laughed when Battie shot his 3, saying he probably
figures everyone else has been missing all
night, he might as well try.

I know that this was a little long for a lurker, but I was very frustrated
watching last night.

Don