Re: schedule

"Rory O'Keeffe" <okeeffe@unite.net> said:
> Along with my optimistic predictions...
>
> March                           Prediction
> 20      @Phoenix                W
> 22      Minnesota               L
> 24      @Philadelphia           L
> 26      @Milwaukee              W
> 28      @Orlando                W
> 31      Washington              W
>
> April
> 1       @Cleveland              W
> 4       @Charlotte              W
> 5       @Detroit                L
> 7       Philadelphia            W
> 10      Atlanta                 W
> 12      Orlando                 W
> 14      Chicago                 W
> 16      Charlotte               W
> 18      @Washington             L
> 19      NY Knicks               W

The good news is that the Celtics can control their own destiny.
8 of the remaining 16 games are against the 5 teams directly ahead
of them in the conference standings.  While Philly and Charlotte
are a bit out of reach, the C's play 2 against each of those teams,
and a sweep of either team could get the Celtics within reach.

The Celtics only have to pass any 2 of those 5 teams ahead of them,
and keep NJ at bay behind them.

If the Bulls can help the Celtics out for once by beating Orlando
tonight, and the Celtics can ride their high to a win over a team tied
with Miami for 5th best record in the NBA, the Celtics will be in a
2-way tie for the #8 spot.  It's unlikely, but still very possible, and
it makes the game more exciting to watch!

Does anyone know how the C's stand in standings tiebreakers with
Milwaukee, Orlando, Detroit and NJ?

Jon Mc