Re: schedule

    Yeah, I'm also somewhere in between hope and realism. Elgin is
absolutely correct to say that there are no "unwinnable" games left on the
schedule. Also, the least winnable among these remaining games (Minnesota
and NY) are at home. Phoenix is by far the toughest road opponent in terms
of record, but they've lost Goog for the season and Chapman for tonight.

    Despite this, the Suns have now won 15-4 over the past 19 games, and
three straight (Shawn Marion is playing particularly well, and we've never
faced him before). Of course our last opponent, Dallas, was not only
well-rested but also coming off of a 21 point blowout over Indiana and a 22
point blowout of San Antonio (on the road, no less). Dallas also beat
Phoenix to start their three-game winning streak in the first place, which
we unceremoniously ended.

    Cliff Robinson torched the Fleet Center last January for 37 points (a
91-88 Celts victory). Jason Kidd had 14 assists and 12 rebounds but still
somehow missed a triple double. Both Pierce (10-20) and Antoine (10-21) shot
well from the field in what was otherwise a major brick-fest for both teams
(.398 combined FG shooting). Tonight, the Celts are hoping to sweep our
first roadtrip as well as to sweep our first season series against a major
opponent. I'm cutting this off short because it's bad luck when I post long
game previews.

    In any case, I'm happy that 1) this game is actually meaningful; and
that 2) even a blowout loss and an Orlando win wouldn't be the end of the
world.

    The next five games ending at Orlando are the biggest of the season. If
we can win just twice, we will gain full control of a manageable destiny.

Joe

****