Re: Time to get rid of Pitino

> There are more indications this morning that the Celtics are trying
> to trade Walker. Its time to let Pitino go, before he completely
> destroys the team's future. I know they're not a good team now, but
> Walker is only 23 years old. In my opinion, Walker is showing
> progress. He's taking less bad shots and appears to be willing to
> do those things that Pitino is asking of him. Next thing you know,
> there will be reports of trying to trade Pierce.

It's really fair to fire someone based on what he is rumored to be
doing, especially in a profession that is as filled with baseless
rumors as the NBA. How do any of us know whether there is any truth to
this? And how do we know who Walker is supposedly on the block for?
And it's not a bad idea to actually try to think for yourself whether
a rumor is plausible or not before believing it blindly. Walker is a
base-year compensation player which makes him almost untradable.

If you want to make a case for firing Pitino based on bad personnel
decisions such as trading Mercer and Billups, go ahead - and I think
you'll get a good argument here - but arguing that he should be fired
based on what some reporter says he heard from a "league source" is
crazy.

Alex