Re: [Celtic_Pride] Re: The Truth about Cats and Pitinos

I understand.

I think one reason why my way of looking at things differently is because of
my own coaching background.  I started off with 11-12 year olds.  My kids
liked to run so we were a fastbreak team.  One year after we won the
provincials (state tourney) a Mom who had never been to a game all year told
me "those kids sure made you look good.  I hope you are taking them to
McDonalds or something."

She gave no recognition to the fact that I probably spent more time with her
son over the course of a week, what with practices and games, than she did.

That's why I have empathy for what Pitino is going through.  He is trying
but he has people like that Mom in the stands, right behind him within
earshot, every home game.  It wouldn't surprise me entirely if this team
starts to play better on the road as a result, believe it or not.  Now I
know there is no evidence of such an ability...just call it a gut feeling.

Cecil