Re: The Truth about Cats and Pitinos

Mark, you are right to a degree about teams winning based off the play of
their star players.  But not always in the playoffs however.  That is when
teams design their defenses to make someone else beat you rather than the
stars.  Remember the old Sixers when they had Moses and the Doc?  Where
would they have been without Andrew Toney or Bobby Jones or Mo Cheeks?  Or
the Pistons without Vinny Johnson or Rodman?  Or even the Bulls without
Paxson?  Or the Spurs without Elie?

Imagine where the Suns would be without Cliff Robinson or Rodney Rogers.
I'm not sure if you are old enough to relate to the old Celtic teams, but
guys like Larry Siegfried rose to the occasion in the playoffs to save our
bacon many times.  Don Chaney was probably invisible many times on the
court, but he was especially invaluable in the playoffs with the job he did
on the opposition's best guard, allowing JoJo just enough freedom to take
chances which paid off more often than not.

I do understand your point but it ain't always that simple.  If it were, the
Spurs or Lakers wouldn't lose a game.

Cecil