C's Did Kinda Get The Short End Of The Slop Bucket as Regards the 4-Team Deal

No doubt about it. Celtics were placed in a bad situation with
Fortson, being a player who wanted to be elsewhere
and wanting a large salary to boot. Still, there's this
nagging feeling, that if the Jazz, who were in a
similar situation with Howard Eisley, could come out of
this deal nicely enhanced, why couldn't the Celtics?

I mean really, we're talking about a broken down point
guard whose court paucity makes Pervis seem like the second
coming of A.C. Green. Then, there's the soon to be retired or on the
inured list all year fossilized center. And of course, the draft pick,
which one person has already mentioned -- and I hope he's wrong --
as being the lesser of the Cavaliers' or Suns' first round choice

So, oh goody, the twenty-fifth pick in the draft. If you're picking 25,
I'm wondering, if you're not better off with two second round selections

instead?

In the meantime, all the other participants in the deal have nicely
filled their needs. Golden State got the starting power forward/
rebounder they needed. Utah got a somewhat promising 7-3 center
and a double-double guy to bring off the bench, and the Mavs
a starting point guard.  The C's: the 25th pick in the draft,
and now they need to find a rebounder somewhere.

They also better think about acquiring a young point guard in the
near future as Kenny is Kenny, Brown has two rebuilt knees,
and Pack should be renamed: Ice Pack for all the games he
missed....
Ray