Re: New Era

Noah made the point:
>The battle lines are being redrawn in the background. Just look at the purchase
>of the CBA(the league). If there's anything the NBA player's union learned
>from the lockout debacle, it's that what they really are is personalities
>in sports entertainment a la the WWF. The players are setting up their own
>WCW to continue the metaphor.

100% correct.  I wrote to NBATalk when the news of the potential sale was
happening and asked when they were going to do an expose on how I. Thomas
screwed the NBA for his own personal gain.

I can't believe anyone would give this guy a job.  I also can't believe the
NBA wouldn't buy the CBA unless it was an antitrust thing.  Apparently the
NBA offered $10 Million, the price Thomas had invested but nothing more.
This may turn out to be dumb on the owners part.

Falk will try again to take over the league.  Stern and the owners better
have a plan in place.  The XFL has a TV contract.  Falk and his clients can
get the CBA a contract.  The question is though, would the players be
willing to overpay themselves and have the league (themselves/Falk) lose
money?

I think the next "negotiation" with the players union will be very nasty and
perhaps kill what is left of the NBA.

<Jim