[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
C's Not Stinking As Much Tonight
- Except for Walker who continues to rush his shots and is 0 for 6
in the first quarter. Pitino has him at power forward once again,
and it just isn't happening. Did set a nice pick. Talking to Pervis
on the bench. Howard David says Antoine continues to force the issue
dribbling one against two... Second half and Walker's the same;
did hit a three.; took it the length of the court; but 4 of 15 from the
field. Is better from the perimeter than near the hoop.
- Atlanta is a bad team at the present and worse without Mutumbo, Ellis,
and a bunch of other players. Cal Bowdler looks okay - has nice
Hawks have something like seven rookies and 19 turnovers.
- Must give Pervis credit - He played well; blocked a few shots;
deflected a few; made a nice pass. 2nd half less impressive.
- Vitaly is struggling and receiving limited minutes; did block a shot.
Playing better in the second half, still only one rebound.
- C's are having shot after shot blocked on them during the first half.
- Battie looks tremendous with follow up dunks - he has to start!
Stuffs Cal Bowdler on one play; rebounding well. Best Celtics player in
season. 2nd half is quieter - not getting many looks.
- Pierce is still a little lost, but at SG tonight. He's keeping within
flow of the offense; different than Mr. Force Up Shots.
- Heinsohn's already bitching about Kenny's decision making on
the break. Kenny holds the ball and dribbles; Wayne Turner jutes
it up the court in 1/4 of the time Anderson takes. Heinsohn says Turner
may see a lot of playing time if Kenny doesn't perform. Anderson playing
better in the second half, but game seems to drag with him controlling
the ball. Yet, Max and Howard say Anderson has had an oustanding game,
playing at both ends of the court.
- Williams hit an outside shot and is so much quicker than anyone
Makes the trade look even better. Rebounding still weak however.
- Wayne Turner is a jet down the court; can't shoot his dog ugly
shot from a far distance, but hit a couple of jumpers near
the hoop. The fans are going to love him and his defense
is outstanding. What a ballhawk. There's hope here folks,
because he has good point guard skills.
- Fortson is a bull in a rebounding shop, but his shots continue
to be blocked. Max says he needs to develop some moves around the
hoop. But he rebounds like a madman in traffic - a lot stronger hands
Pot. Don't like his free throw shooting form.
Eric Washington has hit a few outside shots and his defense is okay, but
struggling a bit guarding Rider.
McCarty continues to make stupid plays, but he's hit a few outside shots
for 12 points.
Cheaney is the invisible man. Having a hard adjustment period.
Not playing. Will Pitino be more patient with him than the Chris
Mills and Tony Massenburgs of the world? Yet to be determined...
Lots of empty seats masquerading as fans.
Atlanta's Deion Glover is really struggling - should have stayed in
Turner outplayed number ten pick Terry.