Re: Would You Trade Kenny Anderson For Latrell Sprewell?

Subject: Re: Would You Trade Kenny Anderson For Latrell Sprewell?
> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 18:42:48 EDT
> From: Georgek27@aol.com
> To: celtics@igtc.com
>
> In a message dated 10/15/99 4:06:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> wayray@ix.netcom.com writes:
>
> << - He's a tremendous force on the court...........when not on suspension
> and I can envision a few of them in Boston.

But he's only here for one season...

>  - He will only be here for one year........then what? where would we be with
> the cap?

$7 million per year less in contracts...

> If Fotson and/or Battie were resigned we'd still be over it - wouldn't we?

Yeah, but $7 million less over the cap. Every little bit helps and this
is
a nice chunk. Battie signed for $25 million plus incentives for 6 years.

>  - Pitino needs to make the playoffs....adding a ball hog probably not the
> answer and then who plays point?  Barros & Turner?

I think he's a lot less selfish than people make him out to be....

>  - Pitino needs to dump Anderson's contract....yes but with the cap
> restraints what then?

George, one contract removal at a time.

>  - He'll make the Celtics a better team....more dangerous yes? (especially in
> a dark alley) but better?  I'm not sure.  I can see a very volatile chemistry
> ready to explode.

Its for one season, not a lifetime.

>  - And there's always someone else willing to trade for him....maybe not
> after more suspensions and another assault on a coach.  Unless it's for cap
> reasons during the season and then it would negate most of your other reasons.

A sign and trade maybe, and Latrell's going to be on his best behavior
during the season, plus since its his contract year, he'll be
overachieiving.
Ray