Re: Fellowship of the miserable

I think after all their moves, Pitino has players who are more
offensively talented, and physically strong than the ones he started with.
But don't think many of the players fit the Pitino mold at all.

A theory is that Wallace has gone against what he said at the
beginning of the Pitino era (You win in this league by
keeping players with star potential).  He has lately been pointing Pitino
at Miami heat type halfcourt grinder players(Austin/Potapenko
Mash_Majerle/Fortson_Griffin), instead of kamikazeDefense, athletic,
dunkers, bombers that had been Pitino team trademarks.

The different style isn't necessarily bad (Love the teamwork from that
the starters have shown). But now our coach must preach a Riley/Knicks
brand of basketball alot of the time, instead of his own style.

Just for fun, and in hindsight, I think the C's would have had the best
talent and fit for the system if they had traded the #6 pick in the 97
draft for two later picks, and taken Battie, Derek Anderson, and Adonal
Foyle(Was # 3 in shotblocking earlier now that he gets PT, has
Potapenko/Fortson size, and more mobility).  Then they could have kept
Wesley.